- Why didn’t Nora take the pill? How would her life have been different if she had?
- Would you be the same person if you didn’t remember certain things?
- Why would you want to forget something? Why would you want to remember?
- How does the pill work?
- Why does Nora’s mom put up with abuse?
- Why have the rich people of Nora’s time retreated to compounds?
- How did Micah become homeless?
- Who is the Coalition?
- What does Nora’s father give her after her first trip to TFC? What does it mean to her?
- What does Winter refer to as the hummingbirds?
- Why don’t Winter and Micah think it’s a good idea to just upload Memento?
- Why does Micah’s mother think the TFC pill is a good thing?
The Forgetting Curve:
- Would you rather forget or remember something bad that happened in your life? How has that memory shaped the person you are now?
- Why do you think TFC is trying to manipulate people’s memories?
- If you had your own version of the Book of Velvet, what words to live by would you put in it?
- Aiden thinks of himself as a hacker capable of opening any door. Do you think it’s okay to hack, even if it’s for a good cause?
- Music can be a powerful form of protest. What’s your favorite song about a social injustice or an issue important to you? Why do you like it?